How Plumbing Maintenance Saves Money
Many homeowners and commercial building owners try to save time and money by solving plumbing issues with instructions found online. While many of these do-it-yourself tips offer quick solutions, they usually do not address the root causes of the issues and can lead to costly problems down the line.
Another mistake that homeowners make is calling a plumber when it’s already too late. Waiting until you have a serious emergency results in higher repair costs.
While some plumbing problems may seem “minor,” they can be signs that serious issues are hiding beneath the surface.
Here are some warning signs to take note of:
- Dripping faucets (this may be a sign of a line blockage issue)
- Mould forming
- Water pooling or backing up in sinks, bathtubs, and showers
- Continuous sound of running water
- Gurgling in the pipes
- Smell of sewer near drains
- Sounds from the water heater (that are not usual)
Many of these issues require an expert plumber. Due to the complicated nature of piping systems and heating machines, calling in a plumber instead of do-it-yourself-ing will save time and money in the long run. Plumbers have skills, training, and tools most homeowners do not. In addition to providing long-lasting solutions, plumbers offer maintenance check-ups and tips to keep your plumbing working all year around.
Here are some rules to follow until your next plumbing check-up:
- Never use your drains or toilet as disposal bins. Throw grease and oils in a garbage bin that is lined with absorbent material.
- Turn off the water supply when you leave home for an extended time. This prevents flooding emergencies while you’re away.
- Avoid turning the faucets too tightly on and off during use. This prevents unnecessary wear-and-tear.
- Insulate your pipes to prevent them from bursting during the winter.
- Use a mixture of baking soda and vinegar to clear minor drain blockages.
Regular plumbing check-ups and maintenance can detect early signs of preventable problems. Schedule a proper inspection with a professional plumber. Call Abbey Plumbing and Mechanical today at (905) 822-0521 to schedule an appointment with our friendly team of experts. No problem is too small for us!